The inn is a two-story double log house with a large central chimney between two original wings. Built around 1801, the inn was tended in its early years by Thomas Bolin Munford, brother to the founder of Munfordville. According to legend, it was one of the most famous inns of what was known as “the West” and was especially renowned for its food and the genial, intelligent host’s hospitality. coordinates: +37.26889, -85.88916
ACQUISITION OF THE SCHOOLHOUSE
In 2004 the City of Oak Grove came to the Oak Grove Tourism Commission and asked if they might be able to help restore the Oak Grove School, a one room schoolhouse dating back to the late 1800s or early 1900s. The building had been donated to the City by William Summerhill a descendant of one of the original trustees of the school. The Tourism Commission accepted the deed, relocated the building to the War Memorial Walking Trail and began restoring this important
Van Meter Hall was the first building constructed on the campus of Western Kentucky University Bowling Green, Warren County.The building, completed in 1911, is designed to look like the Acropolis’s Erechtheion Temple. The most notable feature of the structure was a 1,600 seat auditorium for hosting concerts and public events. Contact Bowling Green Area Convention & Visitors Bureau for more information 800-326-7465.
Former Lindsey Store, circa 1930. Originally owned by Reynolds Lindsey, next owner was Bertram Davis. Located on the corner of Johnson Cemetery and Mohawk Rds. in Edmonson Co. KY. Contact Edmonson County Tourist & Convention Commission 800-624-8687 for more information.